Given the new job/new house/new routine thing that transpired in 2014 and the lingering sinus congestion that is fogging up my head, my resolution/goal list for 2015 is feeling a bit unambitious and uninspired. However, there are a few things I know I want to aim for in 2015.
New Year’s Resolutions 2015:
- Read or listen to 12 books (I did it in 2014, I bet I can do it again in 2015.)
- Give thanks and pray daily, find a study or routine to revitalize spiritual life
- Finish my MFA (August 2015, baby!)
- Start a garden at the Copley house
- Read books 5 and 6 of the Harry Potter series with Lydia (Maybe 7? Dare I think we could finish those massive books together this year?)
- Restart biweekly date night with Brandon
- Establish an exercise routine in the new schedule – at least two days a week of some kind of intentional fitness activity
- Write something. Anything. Whenever I can jam it in.
New Year’s Hopes for 2015: These are things that are almost entirely out of my control but what I would love to see happen this year.
- Sell the Ashland house
- Get an agent or editor to love my book
Those aren’t preposterous, right? It could happen.
A Look Back:
2014: Resolution Time!
I failed at the blogging goal, but everything else, hurrah! Check marks!
2013: Resolutions – Walk Instead of Run
2012: My Thirtieth Year
2011: Harry and Henry
2010: Key West Bound and Lydia-isms
2009: Happy New Year
Published by Sarah M. Wells
Sarah M. Wells is the author of The Family Bible Devotional: Stories from the Gospels to Help Kids and Parents Love God and Love Others (2022), American Honey: A Field Guide to Resisting Temptation (2021), Between the Heron and the Moss (2020), The Family Bible Devotional: Stories from the Bible to Help Kids and Parents Engage and Love Scripture (2018), Pruning Burning Bushes (2012), and a chapbook of poems, Acquiesce, winner of the 2008 Starting Gate Award through Finishing Line Press (2009). Sarah's work has been honored with four Pushcart Prize nominations, and her essays have appeared in the notable essays list in the Best American Essays 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, and 2018.
Sarah is the recipient of a 2018 Individual Excellence Award from the Ohio Arts Council. She resides in Ashland, Ohio with her husband and three children.
View more posts
3 thoughts on “Goals and Resolutions in 2015”